Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Third Times Not The Charm

I know I haven't been around much the past few weeks. 
I'm sure you are just devastated!
I haven't been around because we have been going through IF treatments.
I didn't want to blog about it because I was hoping it would work 
and I could surprise family and friends for Christmas.

I'm going to back up a bit and fill you in.
At the end of October we thought we would have to take November off
due to financial situations. I was not very happy about this.

Then AF came earlier than anticipated and we decided to just go for it since we only had
two months left of full insurance coverage. 
My RE ordered my meds and the day of my baseline appointment I found out
insurance would not cover the injectables because I hadn't had three failed Clomid cycles.
I cried and cried like I haven't cried before. I was pissed.
My RE's office was amazing and gave me a Gonal F pen for free.
Then God answered my prayers and my fabulous friend Kristin
offered to give me all her meds she wasn't using anymore.
Such a incredible blessing.

For the past month we used Femara mixed with Gonal F injections.
Going into our IUI procedure I wasn't thrilled as even with the Gonal F I still only produced one follicle. 
That was really upsetting to me. 
But I had hope I would be getting a BFP for an early Christmas present.
I also started taking Progesterone this cycle.
Holy hell, that stuff made me CRAZY.
I don't think I have ever cried as much as I have in the past two weeks.
Poor Travis.

I started testing early because I have no self control.
I know it sounds insane, but by 9dpo I was getting BFN's and I just knew this wasn't our cycle.
I kept testing, and BFN after BFN.
Last night I forgot to take my progesterone and by this afternoon AF showed up.
Another cycle bites the dust.
Needless to say today has been a hard day. 

We are going to try this last cycle in December, but unfortunately 
we are only able to do Femara and IUI this time. 
At least after this cycle our insurance will cover injectable meds.
I don't have too much hope that this cycle will do anything,
but I keep telling myself God can work miracles. 
I would love nothing more than to be pregnant going into the new year.





1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry it did not work out for you. IF is a cruel B.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs