Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas has come and gone. 
I know I've said it before, but I cannot believe just how fast this past year went. 
We spent Christmas Eve just the two of us.
It was so nice.
We went to candlelight service at church, which is one of my favorite traditions of Christmas.
The church service was probably one of the worst ever. 
The entire 45 minute message was about "conceiving" and "delivering" the message of God to others. 
 At one point he asked you to turn to the person next to you and say
"God wants to get you pregnant".
Let's just say, this did not sit well with me.
I sobbed the entire service. 
I honestly don't know why we didn't just get up and walk out. 
When we did leave Travis even said the pastor took it way too far. 
A lovely start to Christmas.
After church we went home and made chicken tortilla soup. 
Actually, Travis made it while I downed an entire bottle of champagne. 
Nothing like drinking your feelings away.

Christmas morning we slept in, Skyped with my parents and then headed to Travis' parents house.
We had a nice time hanging out and opening presents.
They got me a North Face jacket which I am so excited about! 
I also racked up 3 Starbucks gift cards, score. 
And Travis got me a North Face scarf.
This Cali girl cannot handle the cold winter weather here!

Overall it was a lovely Christmas.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs