Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Almost Was

I was flipping through my iPhone photo's tonight
and came across the pictures of the house Travis and I wanted to buy last year.
We had gone to Texas to visit and thought we would look at homes 
just to give ourselves and idea of what was in our price range.
I don't think either of us though we would find a house we loved so much.

I think about that house all the time.
Not just because it was a house, as opposed to our tiny apartment,
but because we really loved every single thing about it.
EVERY. SINGLE. THING
It was and still is my ideal floorplan.
The elevation we had chosen had a lovely front porch, something we both dream of having.
It was on a golf course. 
The cherry on top, it was 1300 square feet bigger than our current apartment 
and would have cost us $4 more a month than our rent.
That's right,
$4 FREAKIN' DOLLARS!!

So here is a little tour of the house that almost was ours. 
(Please excuse the picture quality & lovely lighting. I worked with what I had at the time. And it was storming while I was taking pics)


Looking back at the front door from the great room.
To the left was laundry room and garage.
Down the hall and to the right were 2 bedrooms and a full bath

Kitchen

Dining Area

Great Room
(It was big, even though it doesn't look like it here)

Formal Dining
(We planned to use it as a kid's toy area)

Master Bath

Master Bedroom
(Again, bigger than it looks)

Laundry Room
(Huge improvement from the washer & dryer we don't have in our apartment now)


Our Lot

The "Backyard"
(It's hard to tell, but our view would have been the golf course. I think it was the 2nd hole)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs