Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why Online Classes Suck

I am trying to finish my degree, and about 2 years ago I decided University of Phoenix Online was the way to go. I was able to go to school at 2 am when I was wide awake, and that seems to work for me.Classes are only 5 weeks long, which is just enough time for me to lose interest before it is over! Yes, I am paying roughly 400x's what I should in tuition, but that is the sacrifice I made.

However, there was one thing I was not prepared for....GROUP ASSIGNMENTS. Every single class you take you are broken into groups and have group projects throughout the class. To start with, I don't like other people that much, especially when my grade depends on them. I have not really had any problems with team members until the last 2 classes. The first psycho thought she was the ONLY person who could do any work, so she said she would do ALL of the work, and then just let us (the rest of the team) proof read what she wrote. Um, as lovely as that sounds, I am fairly certain the professor isn't going to go for that come time for grading. Secondly, I can do my part of the assignment, thank you very much. Now in my current class my "group leader" has a tendency to write paragraphs with zero or one period. The whole paragraph makes NO sense because everything is written improperly or completely misspelt. And yet, I am supposed to go to her for guidance on my assignment...I think NOT. I hate that I have to depend on other people for a part of my grade. HATE, HATE, HATE it. Yes, I know I will have to work in a group setting for the rest of my life, however that group setting won't determine what GPA I have when I graduate. If I could do it all over again, I would go to a Cal State and save myself the thousands I am paying in tuition. So take it from me, while online classes may save you time, they don't save you a headache and thoughts of throwing your laptop out the window.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't every class make you want to throw the lap top out the window. Ahhhh If we could just go back to the days of bribing the teacher with wine and a little clevage!! All would be good. Hang in there sister. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs