Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Time Has Come..

I'm linking up with Blair at Heir to Blair and her McFatty Monday. I have said before that I have to lose my extra weight. I haven't really done anything about it. I know I have needed to lose the weight, I just haven't had any motivation to do it. I have been so embarrassed and ashamed of what I have become. I never had issues with my weight until about 4 years ago. I was always active, playing sports, working out and in overall great shape. And then it all changed. I met T, fell in love and just stopped caring. 

Well, last Friday I discovered that my doctor thinks I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), and a huge help in getting pregnant is losing weight and maintaining a healthy diet. UGH. But, this is finally this push I need to get my butt in gear. I want nothing more than to get pregnant and be a mother. And if cutting the crap out of my diet and getting my butt moving will help me in achieving that dream, I'm going to do it. 

Hopefully linking up each week with McFatty Monday will help to keep my butt in check and motivated. I don't really know where to start, so I am starting by cutting out the soda and fast food. This weekend I started making dinner (which is rare in our house) and I'm packing my lunches every day this week. My water intake is increasing, a lot. And I'm starting to work out. The girls and I will be going on walks at least 3 days a week and I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred. 

That's the plan. My long term goal is to lose 45 pounds. But for now, I would like to lose 25 lbs. by my birthday in June. I don't want to overwhelm myself, so that's a goal of 1 lb. a week. If I can do more than that, wonderful. But if not, at least I know I am making smarter choices. And hopefully in the process I will be blessed with a pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs