Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Strange Addictions



This is my first time participating in Taylor's Top 2 on Tuesday. This week is top 2 strange addictions. 

1.Baby Clothes/Gear
This wouldn't be strange if I had kids, or was pregnant, but I'm not. (we are trying though) I have a HUGE pile of baby stuff already. I literally cannot help myself from buying things if they are a good deal. And I somehow seem to find amazing deals, without even having to search for them. Aside from the bucket of clothes I have I also have: a boppy (my boss gave it to me), a Svan bouncer, a sling, a Nook play mat, an old school pram from Germany and a few cloth diapers. I just like to think I will be really prepared when we do have kids, and I know I will have saved us tons of money!

2. Sleeping
My sleeping "routine" is a little nuts! I cannot have ANY light in the room, so I wear an eye mask every night. If I don't have an eye mask I will use a t-shirt or anything I can find to cover my eyes. I also have to have some white noise. I downloaded a white noise app for my iPhone, and I currently listen to a mix of a fire crackling and rain, it puts me right to sleep. And I have to have the ceiling fan on, and most nights I have the AC on, even in the middle of winter. There is just something about the cool air on my face. If AC isn't an option, I have to have a fan blowing directly on my face, but sleeping with the window open is not an option. 

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Top 2 Tuesday! I am the same way about sleeping, I have to have it completely dark, fans, and it has to be cool enough for me to sleep with our thick comforter even in the middle of summer! Adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have to have white noise too! I can NOT sleep in the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog.
    I can sleep anywhere. No sound or balck out needed- which my husband thinks is strange.
    Not weird to buy baby things. You will need them one day! Who can pass up a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the exact same way about sleeping. I love it to be cold and I need air blowing on my face. I can't stand sleep in hotels because they typically don't have fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way about sleeping. No light in the room! Just stopping by from Taylor's link-up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same with sleeping as far as light is concerned although I cannot have ANY noise! My husband snores so it makes that part harder. I used to listen to music when I went to bed until there was a fire between my and my neighbors house - I heard the crackling of burning wood and thought it was part of the music - until the song changed. That was fun having firefighters show up at 2am while I was totally undone (before I was married).

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs