Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas

Christmas is by far my favorite time of the year. There is nothig quite like the feeling you get while decorating your house, listening to Christmas music, and spending time with your loved ones. There are few things in life that make me as happy as the holidays.

This year is slightly bittersweet for me, for several reasons. First, this is the first time in 3 years I won't have the fun of going out and picking out my own tree. Living at home just isn't the same. Also, this is going to be the first year without my Grandpa Bones around. Christmas is the perfect time to spend with family, and this year one of the most important people in my life will be missing. Grandpa is in my thoughts, and I know he will be with us all on Christmas, but it just isn't going to be the same.

And finally, this will be my third Christmas without Travis. He is going home to Texas. I was supposed to go with him, but with the economy the way it is, and the lack of money I am making at work, I just couldn't afford to go out there and take the time off of work. I am really hoping and praying this is our last Christmas apart. Hoepfully next Christmas will be our first one together, and married! (A girl can dream right!) I am also hoping and praying that our first Christmas will be spent in a tiny apartment in Texas. I am dreaming of actually experiencing cold weather at Christmas time. I am sure I will be regretting this next year at this time, but for now, that is what I am wishing for.

As for this year, I am just hoping Santa brings me a small diamond ring to go on my left hand!

1 comment:

  1. Widget symbol is not showing on this blog from my pc. What you are probably seeing is a little edit symbol b/c you are logged into your account and viewing from your PC. Have a friend check your blog from their PC and see if this is the case.

    Good luck!

    www.screweduptexan.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs