Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Could Use a Career Day

I can't stand my job. I have been a waitress/bartender for the past 8 years. I am over it. I am at the point where I strongly dislike most people. That however is not the point. The point is, I really have NO idea what I want to do for a career.

Over the years I have flip-flopped about different professions. For several years I wanted to be a wedding coordinator. I do love everything about weddings, and I know quite a bit, however, I don't want to spend my weekends with some crazy person who is freaking out because the color of her flowers just isn't the right shade of pink.

Next was my idea of floral design. While I do enjoy it, I just really don't think I am that good at it. Yes, I can throw some flowes in a vase, but who can't? And is this really what I want to do forever, I don't think so? I mean, yet again I am stuck with some bride who is pissed her flowers aren't the right shade of pink!

Then there is my love/obsession for children's products. I would love. love. love to have a children's boutique of accesories. However, there are a few problems in my way. 1) I don't have the money, and by money I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars. B) I don't want to have to work 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year because I cannot afford to hire any staff because I am a start up company, most likely not making a profit. 3)It would help if Travis and I knew where we would be living permanetly for the next few years. 4) $$$$$$$$$$$...it's still a big problem!

I just feel I am at a loss right now. Travis just got this promotion, and while it is not the job he will have for the rest of his life, right now, it is a career. And it is allowing us to get bills paid and get on our feet. I want to feel as though I am contributing. I want/need a job that will pay me enough to pay down some of my debt. Any suggestions? Please, I need help! I feel completely lost. I don't care what it is I am doing, as long as I enjoy it. I don't know what it is like to enjoy work. I wake up in a bad mood knowing I have to work. I am sick of working to live, not living to work. I could really use a career day of sorts, where I can have all my options in front of me. I need to chose something soon, I'm not getting any younger. And I'm certainly not getting any richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs