Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

You Are The Best Thing

Less than 1 month ago I posted that we had no idea what was going on with Travis and management. He hadn't heard a single thing about it. Well, in the past 4 weeks he passed his first interview, passed the personality "quiz", passed his backround check (that was never a concern!) and the passed his final interview. Which leads to: Travis got the job! I am so, so, so very proud of him. He has worked so hard for this. He has really busted his butt the past few months, and has gone above and beyond what anyone asked of him. I just cannot say it enough, how proud of him he has made me. Travis, you truly are the best thing that has ever happened to me!

With that being said, tonight we went out to dinner to celebrate at our favorite place, The Melting Pot. It is so damn good, if you haven't tried it, you must! Anyways, while we were at dinner we got to talking about the possibility of moving to Texas. I thought a reasonable time frame would be the very beginning of next year; he however was thinking different. He was thinking not until this time (April or May) of next year. And while I understand his reasoning, it is SO frustrating. I want to be there already. We have been talking about this for almost a year now. I don't want to wait another year, move and then decide I hate it and want to come back. I would rather go ASAP and then decided I hate it. My big fear is that the longer we wait to go, the less and less I am going to want/have the nerve to say goodbye to everyone. I am ready now, and I feel like we need to go now, while I still have this drive to go. But, as with all things in life, God has a plan. I just need to listen to his, and stop trying to write my own plan. However, it is so much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs