Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My New Adventure

For as long as I can remember I have hated my job as a waitress. I have always envied the people who have jobs they not only like, but actually love and enjoy. A few years ago when I dropped out of design school I considered taking some floral design classes, but there were none near me. So, I just blew off the idea.

At Thanksgiving a friend of mine asked me to decorate her dining table for dinner. I make several small floral arrangements, and had a blast doing it. Well, her boyfriend loved what I did and asked if I would come over once or twice a month and put fresh floral arrangements all throughout his house. I of course said yes, and have been doing just that for the past couple of months. I throughly enjoy doing it. It is the most fun and relaxing 2 or 3 hours of my days! My sister has seen my arrangments and has been encouraging me to get into floral design. I thought she was just being nice and telling me this. But, I have started making arrangements for friends, and getting some really good feedback. If they are just being nice, they made a bad move. I am going to try to start by own business in floral design.

I have a lot to learn. But I am not going into this thinking I will be pumping out arrangments left and right.Infact, my main goal is not to be a huge floral design store. I would just like to keep it small and simple. Something I can do from home or a small store once I have kiddos! I want to start off slow. I have looked into floral design schools yet again. I have basically 2 options, one is in Texas and two weeks long. The other is in Oregon and it is 5 weeks long! I think I will be leaning towards the Texas classes. I am trying to come up with a company name, so if you have any ideas, please let me know. And, if you need any floral arrangments, let me know! I will upload some pictures soon of what I have been designing.

I am really excited for this opportunity and really looking forward to it. I have a long way to go, but that is fine. It is something to keep me busy and happy. And hopefully one day soon it will be enough that I don't have to work as a waitress.Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it!

1 comment:

  1. that is the greatest idea, other than the wedding cordnating that you have had. i love it. good for you. get out there and do it, you will kick ass!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs