Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

For the Love of Pumpkin

I have never been much of a fan of Fall; probably because in Southern California fall isn't really fall. It's more like a not-so-hot summer. I do love the smells of fall, which consists of the smell of cinnamon in every store you step foot in. However, this year is different. The evenings are getting darker earlier, and the weather has cooled down, and it is just L.O.V.E.L.Y.Seriously, I am loving fall. The change is weather is amazing. Something just feels different this year, and while I can't put my finger on it, I'm loving it.

The one thing I have always loved about fall is pumpkin. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkins. My mom's amazing pumpkin-chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies.(They are out of this world) Pumpkin bread.I love pumpkins so much T and I will be taking our engagement pictures at a local pumpkin patch later this month. If it is pumpkin, I love it! Now, I know everyone goes crazy over the pumpkin spiced everything at Starbucks. Therefor, I would like to share with you all my Starbucks creation. It is divine. I wait all year for them to carry pumpkin spice so I can enjoy the best thing I have ever created....a grande (or any size) hot chocolate with 2 pumps of pumpkin. Now hold on, the minute I tell people they turn their nose's up and say "that's sick". But then they try it, and they thank me....for a very long time! It is AMAZING. It isn't overwhelming with pumpkin flavor, it's just the right hint of fall in your cup. I'm telling you, just try it. You will be thanking me. And if you try it and hate it, then I'm not sure we can be friends.


p.s. the picture of T and I is not from our engagement shoot, just some fun we had last year at the pumpkin patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs