Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

25 Is Almost Over

I am two days away from my 26Th birthday. I don't know why, but it is a rather strange feeling. I feel like I automatically pass into my "late 20's" on Thursday. Headed into 26 I am not even close to where I thought I would be in life. I always though I would be married, have a career, a cute little home, and at least one child, and possibly another on the way. The reality is, an engagement **may** be in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath. As far as a career, I have no idea what I want to do. From one day to the next I have different ideas of what would make me happy for the rest of my life, or at least the next few years. As you all know, I don't have any children, let alone am I preparing to welcome a second!

The strangest part of all, is that in the past few weeks I have been at total peace with where I am in life. I'm not always the happiest, peppiest person, but I am happy. I have met the man I will spend the rest of my life with (if he ever decides to propose!). I have discovered that while often times I am very lonely, I really enjoy my nights just me, Pandora, and crafting websites or my new sewing machine. I know once I get married and have kiddos, all this free time will be long gone. So, I might as well enjoy it now. While I do hate my job, I really do, I don't know what I want to do. I have several ideas, but I just can't quite pinpoint one. That is the one area of my life I really do wish I could change. I look at my sister, and she knows and is doing exactly what she wants to do. I wish I had that, but I know one day I will discover what God has put me on the Earth to do.

I am looking forward to 26. Hopefully it will bring a marriage proposal with it, but as long as I can learn to deal with my anxiety, give all my cares and problems to God, and just enjoy each and every day I have, I will have made great progress in my life. I am no longer gaging my accomplishments in life by what I do or do not have, there are far more important things; like peace of mind, a great relationship with God, and amazing relationships with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. YOU SHOULD BE A WEDDING PLANNER, Party Planner, Florist, all in one. God has given you an amazing talent and YOU need to hone in on it. You are wayyyyy more talented than you think.

    P.s. I love you and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs